The Fort Vancouver National Trust is a non-profit 501c(3) organization with a mission to inspire civic pride and economic vitality through education, preservation and celebration of our community’s history. The Trust is a very active organization and has a variety of operational responsibilities fulfilling its mission, which includes property management and development, special events, educational and community programming, fundraising and other associated activities.
Commercial Property Manager
The Commercial Property Manager is a full-time position, expected to lead commercial, residential and facility event activities for the organization, including marketing, leasing and event management.
Pay: $50,000 to $60,000, depending on qualifications. Generous health care coverage and retirement contributions are included in the package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Classification: Full-Time Exempt
Position is open until filled
- Establishes rental rates and leasing structures by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Negotiates new leases and lease renewals, including tenant improvements as necessary. Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and "walk-through" spaces with tenants and tenant improvement department. Performs lease administration duties including preparing vacant space for lease, verifying lease data, and keeping abreast of future requirements.
- Responds to tenant needs and coordinates with staff to resolve problems. Maintains positive relationships and high retention levels with all tenants. Responds to all problems and concerns and ensures compliance with rules and regulations. Assures optimal functioning of building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, elevators, etc.) and security systems.
- Oversees and is responsible for event facility staff and activities.
- Coordinates marketing and leasing of properties, shows space, qualify prospective tenants, and
- Oversees the collection of rent, payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms and preparation of all required legal notices. Recommends and coordinates legal action as necessary.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Secures property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume.
- A cover letter explaining how you meet position requirements along with your compensation expectations.
- Professional references.